Become a friend of the Auckland Town Hall Organ and enjoy the privileges of membership in a vibrant, friendly, enthusiastic group of people who love Auckland’s superior Klais Organ.
This instrument is unique as a modern concert instrument: Built in Edwardian style and housed in a grand Town Hall space, it is an instrument keenly sought after by international musicians who regard it as “one of the best in the world.”
As a Friend of the Town Hall Organ in 2018/2019 you will
- Meet informally with some visiting international performers after their Town Hall Organ concerts.
- Enjoy “Up Close” events where the organ will be demonstrated by experts.
- Visit important new and rebuilt organs in our city.
- Learn from RNZ about organ recording techniques.
- Receive an emailed newsletter about upcoming events and occasions.
Please join the Friends Of The Auckland Town hall Organ on our website and pay an annual Tax deductible fee:
$30 per person
$10 per student
$40 per household (2 or more members at the same address)
The fee contributes to the Trust’s ability to bring world class organists to Auckland.
The first official Friends event will be on Sunday Aug 19, 2018, following the Thomas Gaynor concert, with afternoon tea and a chance to talk to multi-prize winning New Zealand born organist Gaynor about his burgeoning international career.
In 2019 we will be “Up Close” as Philip Smith demonstrates the new Nicholson Organ in Holy Trinity Cathedral.
Other events are in the planning stages.